Getting Rid of Headphone’s Messy and tangled chords——by creatively using a broken bluetooth receiver

Are you tired of your headphone wires getting tangled all the time?

Does it make you lose your focus on the music?

So you bought the latest iPhone, but only to find out there is no headphone jack. (As though you really don’t knows that.)

And sadly, Apple’s own adapter has an ugly design…

Suddenly you have an epiphany, of switching to bluetooth.

Then you find the bluetooth receiver for your car.

And ta-da!

There is a microphone and a 3.5 mm audio jack on this thing, so that you can talk on your phone hands-free in your car. Connect it the cigarette lighter receptacle and the auxiliary input of your car with a 3.5 mm wire. Good, this is how this fun little thing is done. What I need next is a USB juicepack (mobile power pack).

The picture below is all components needed.

This is how it looks like while you tie the chords all up, and wear it on the head. (Not pretty, sorry.)

Then, I found that at the corner of my desk…there was a Sony bluetooth receiver!
If I patch it up on the headset, it would look like some device coming out of Star Wars! However, it was still very strange to use it. It looked like a set of giant ear rings.

Okay, back to what I am actually talking about. The topic of this post is a broken bluetooth receiver after all.
This is it!

The reason why I bought a D clip made by I-Tech was because of its interesting design. It looked like a clip, and you can clip it on things like jacket pocket. But, this D clip seemed to be broken after not in use for too long. The battery was dead, and not chargeable no matter what.
Since I know that the battery was dead, I could dismantle the clip with much care!
Although it seemed still a very violent act, where was the care I promised? Be cautious, although the force was used, but the components and wiring should still be cared carefully.
After it was taken apart, I then can make sure if the problem was the battery.

Here are the procedures of how I exam the device:
1. I carefully cut the chords that connected to the battery. You should only cut a chord at a time in case of electronic shortage unless you use diagonal pliers.
2. I attached the power wire, and measured the electricity, and got a reading of 4v.
3. I elevated the power to 5v to test the device. (in order to accommodate the juice pack of 5v power)
4. Yeah! It’s working! Everything works as it should. But the monitor seemed to be broken. It doesn’t matter anyway.

Next, I need to make sure how to connect the juice pack and the bluetooth receiver~
I used USB 2.0 to DC 2.5mm plug, and welded a receptacle head to the receiver’s original power chord.

After a little bit of tidying up the chords, I can finally start to think about how to put all these things on the headset.

Sweet! I can see the hope to get rid of the headphone chords now!

=====To be continued=====

(Much thanks to Skybird to provide me a HD595 headphone!)

分享到社群

lenny@about.me

新手上路,請多指教!